Thursday, October 11, 2007

Girls VS Boys


Manny and I were enjoying a quiet ride home from Dexter on Tuesday just watching the changing leaves go by. Manny was in the back seat holding his "baby", who he has decided to name Kristian (his friend McKayla's little brother). Usually Manny falls asleep 2 minutes after we say goodbye, but apparently his 30 minute power nap at GG's was enough for him.

All of a sudden, Manny says, "Baby no penis". I asked him to repeat what he had just said. He did, and I had heard correctly. I looked back and he was looking up the dolls long nightgown and discovered that his baby did not have a penis.

Once I decided that 2 years old was old enough to learn the difference between boys and girls, I explained to Manny that boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. He went through a short list of people he knew (Mama, Daddy, Grammy, GG, Uncle) and correctly identified their reproductive organs.

Later when Daddy got home, I told Joe that he should ask Manny what boys have. Manny stood up and proudly said "boys have penis, girls have a gina".

Joe was quite impressed with his little smarty-pants.

No comments: