Monday, December 10, 2007

A+ for Effort, F for following directions

Our mornings go something like this. Joe wakes up at about 6:00am and Manny wakes up at about 6:30am. I like to stay in bed until the last possible second. That usually means me laying in bed talking to Manny or listening to him play with his toys in the living room. I just can't get out of bed until I have to.

This morning I could hear Joe talking to Manny in the kitchen, something about M&M's (most likely Manny wanted some and Joe saying "No". Well, then Joe gets into the shower and Manny comes in and hangs out with me for a while.

All of a sudden, Manny says, "Be right back, Mama". Ok, I just lay there and close my eyes.
Manny comes back into the bedroom with an oreo. I guess I'm not too concerned, figuring Joe had left them on the counter last night and Manny grabbed one. I am not one to obsess over an early-morning oreo, what is the point?


Joe comes out of the shower and Manny says, "Daddy, Manny got cookie all by self". Joe went through the usual, "what did I say...blah blah blah". Joe asked Manny how he got the cookie and Manny said, "Manny get chair in office and climb on counter".

Manny looked at Joe with one of those reassuring looks and just nodded his head, as if to say, "I got it all by myself Daddy".

Joe told Manny that he was giving Manny an A+ for effort and ingenuity, but an F for following directions.

1 comment:

christy said...

Joey would say that wouldn't he?? Wow I'm excited to see the little Manny at Christmas...he seems to be growing up quick! What an adventure you have on your hands. :)