Friday, June 01, 2007

So...if anyone has a magic formula....

for getting desitin out of a navy blue construction-theme comforter, please let me know.




I went to get Manny from his afternoon nap and realized that he smelled a little like desitin. He promptly informed me "Poop". So I picked him up to put him on his changing table and noticed that the *last I checked* tube of desitin was now almost empty and squished into a small ball. hmmm....I thought I wonder why Manny smells like desitine.






I also look at the changing table and see various deposits of desitine. I ask Manny, "how did that happen?". He points to his bum and says, "cream, poop". So I look at the back of his pants and see several smeared white hand prints on his back pockets. hmmm...the story is unfolding.




Manny is standing on his changing table while I clean up desitin on the changing table. Manny starts pointing to his bed and saying, "uh-oh, uh-oh, mess". I slowly turn my head and look through squinted eyes. There is desitine all over one corner of his navy blue comforter. I ask him how that happend. He looks at me in all seriousness and says, "yuck, mess, hands". I fill in the rest of the sentence and repeat it back to him, "you wiped the desitin off your hands and on the blanket?" "uh-huh."




So, I changed his diaper and looked on the internet for the remedy most likely to really remove zinc oxide. I will let you know what I find out.

1 comment:

christy said...

Jen I love the way you shared this story. It made me chuckle...though I realize the desitin mess is probably not completely funny...little Mr. Manny and his cleverness certainly are.

p.s- Nana and Papa were visiting the other day to celebrate Jessica's 8th grade graduation and they shared the good news about another little one joining your family. Congratulations! :)